As the John & Abigail Adams Benefit approaches, we wanted to provide a snapshot of what attendees can expect at this one-of-a-kind gathering supporting the work of the Boston Bar Foundation. We have some offerings that are new and exciting this year! Guests will have access to the Museum of Fine Arts’ Takashi Murakami special exhibition, and see recognizable entertainers from the streets and T platforms of Boston.
The Program of Events
The Adams Benefit is a free flowing event, beginning with the doors opening at 6:30 PM for the cocktail hour and presentation of the 2019 Public Service Award to Diane Patrick, and ending with the Late Night at the Museum party featuring dessert, dancing, and unique entertainment.
6:30 PM / WELCOME RECEPTION
7:30 PM / PUBLIC SERVICE AWARD
8 PM – 10 PM / DINNER & ENTERTAINMENT
Throughout the Museum
There is no assigned seating at the Adams Benefit. Feel free to sit wherever and with whomever you’d like! Dinner Stations are available in the Koch Gallery, The Contemporary Art Wing, The Chinese Sculpture Gallery and the Upper Rotunda.
9 PM – 12:30 AM / LATE NIGHT
This year, we are ecstatic to welcome:
- Violin Viv (Vivian Luo), a Columbia University-educated and classically trained contemporary violinist who throws pop-up violin performances of Top 100 pop, EDM and hip hop songs in Boston public spaces.
- Chris Emkey, graduate of Berklee College of Music, accomplished pianist and singer.
- Keytar Bear, who needs no introduction!
- Boston Circus Guild Aerial Performance, who will kick off the Late Night at the Museum Party with a special performance.
One of the highlights of the evening is the gourmet cuisine. Dinner stations will be open throughout the museum from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m., and dessert will be served back in the Shapiro Courtyard at 9 p.m. We encourage you to be sure to take in all the MFA has to offer before and after you dine.
This year we are serving:
- VERMONT CHEESE AND PUMPKIN TARTS with candied pumpkin seeds
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND ALMOND SALAD with brown sugar vinaigrette
- WHOLE GRAIN COUSCOUS with roasted pears, mint, and dates
- NORTH ATLANTIC COD CAKES with caper aioli and micro celery
- ROAST BEEF ON A GRILLED POLENTA CAKE with seasonal mushroom and sliced beets
- WILD MUSHROOM AND CHEESE TORTELLINI with a light bleu cheese sauce
- GRILLED STATLER CHICKEN BREAST with creamy polenta
- WILD ARUGULA, GRAPE TOMATOES, ASIAGO CHEESE, OIL AND VINEGAR
- POACHED SHRIMP SALAD with roasted lemon, chickpeas and fennel
- GREEN BEAN, YELLOW WAX BEAN, ENGLISH PEAS, AND CANDIED BACON
- RICOTTA CHEESE TARTS, with Orange Peel, Blueberry and Strawberry
- OREO TRUFFLE POPS, dipped in White Chocolate
- TIRAMISU BITES
- FLUFFERNUTTER BAR
SALTED CARAMEL WHITE RUSSIAN
The Dress Code
The Adams Benefit brings out Boston’s best attorneys in their finest attire. The dress code is black tie invited, cocktail attire requested. Check out photos from last year’s event here.