As the John & Abigail Adams Benefit approaches, we wanted to provide a snapshot of what attendees can expect at this one-of-a-kind gathering supporting the work of the Boston Bar Foundation. We have some offerings that are new and exciting this year! Guests will have access to the Museum of Fine Arts’ Takashi Murakami special exhibition, and see recognizable entertainers from the streets and T platforms of Boston.
The Program of Events
The Adams Benefit is a free flowing event, beginning with the doors opening at 6:30 PM for the cocktail hour and presentation of the 2018 Public Service Award to Richard and Nonnie Burnes, and ending with the Late Night at the Museum party featuring dessert, dancing, and unique entertainment.
This year, we are ecstatic to welcome:
- Violin Viv (Vivian Luo), a Columbia University-educated and classically trained contemporary violinist who throws pop-up violin performances of Top 100 pop, EDM and hip hop songs in Boston public spaces.
- Chris Emkey, graduate of Berklee College of Music, accomplished pianist and singer.
- Keytar Bear, who needs no introduction!
- Shelley Otis, a performer and arranger for the harp who has been featured in concerts, both solo and with the Celtic band Ulster Landing.
- The Imperial Lion Dance Team, who will kick off the Late Night at the Museum Party with a special performance.
One of the highlights of the evening is the gourmet cuisine. Dinner stations will be open throughout the museum from 8 p.m. – 10 p.m., and dessert will be served back in the Shapiro Courtyard at 9 p.m. We encourage you to be sure to take in all the MFA has to offer before and after you dine.
This year we are serving:
- BURGUNDY BRAISED SHORT RIBS with sweet potato puree
- SHRIMP ESCABECHE with grilled watermelon, pickled mustard seeds
- PATATAS BRAVAS with roasted red pepper aioli
- MANGO AND QUINOA SALAD with mango vinaigrette
- AVOCADO, RADISH, CHIMICHURRI BRUSCHETTA
- BLACK PEPPER CRUSTED CHICKEN with orange pineapple chutney
- THYME RUBBED SALMON with ratatouille, and balsamic glaze
- MIXED GREENS with honey roasted squash, dried currants, bleu cheese, and apple cider vinaigrette
- RED AND GOLDEN BEETS with goat cheese, cracked black pepper, and olive oil
- ARANCINI with English peas and aged provolone
- MALTED MILK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CUPS with crushed malted milk candies
- MINI CINNAMON BLUEBERRY PLUM TARTS with brown sugar streusel
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BROWNIES topped with sugared pepitas
- RED VELVET MINI WHOOPIE PIES with cream cheese filling
- CARROT CAKE POPS dipped in white chocolate
The Dress Code
The Adams Benefit brings out Boston’s best attorneys in their finest attire. The dress code is black tie invited, cocktail attire requested. Check out photos from last year’s event here.